Wednesday 29 March 2017

Jamie Duff visits Yaldhurst

We had the pleasure of having Jamie Duff visit with his team and his very cool car. A few of our students recognised his name and had seen him racing at Ruapuna. Some people were really excited. Some of us had to practise our 'interested' faces (it's ok, cars aren't everyone's cup of tea).

Jamie's dad spoke to us about the history of the families involvement in racing, he gave us some facts about the car and engine ($75,000, would you believe?!). We got to hold a titanium bolt, so light! Lots of students were able to ask questions and these ranged from how long have you been driving to how fast does the car go? (160km into the left hand turn).

Finally we were able to go and get a close up look at the car and to get Jamie to sign our stickers. It was pretty cool. Some of us even snuck out to look at the ginormous truck the car had come in ... it was HUGE!
















10 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Rimu class, I'm Layken from Grey Main School. I think it sounds fun that you got to have a racer at your school. Did you get to sit in the car or something like that? I remember when the All Blacks came to my school it was cool. I wonder if they will go to yours?
    Poroporoaki Pai. (good bye.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi my name is lj and my buddy is ford we saw your post it was cool so you should check my blog kpslj@blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice see things like the photos i know some people in there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hi I am Cody from southhornby school. Were you Exsidet when Jammie Duff came to your school. There is a boy in my class that is a big fan of him and he would of been really Exsidet if he came to our school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i am Connor from southhornby school were you Exsided when jammie Duff
    came hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its lj again its just caught my eye again bye

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rimu Class my name is Nici from south hornby school
    WOW that is so cool how Jamie Duff came to your school you are so lucky there is a boy in my class who loves Jamie Duff and he would love it if he came to our school. Maybe next time with the labels you could make if it is a name make it capital letters especially if the name is Jamie Duff. How long was Jamie Duff there For? Did you get to go in Jamie Duffś car?
    love to hear back.
    Blog you later Bye

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello there I really enjoyed your story I loved how you told us that it was HUGE! but maybe next time not to much pissers
    please can you read south Hornby school I heard there blog it really really cool by Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about